The overall goals of The Foundation Center of Addington House are as follows:
- To provide a safe, caring and clinical environment for alcoholics and drug addicts
- To provide a non-medical detoxification process
- To provide therapy (group and individual) and other rehabilitation services to the resident
- To introduce or re-introduce the alcoholic/drug addict to the 12 step programs of AA, CA, NA
- To provide follow-up services and an after-care program for the client
- To provide specialized services to meet the diverse needs of the clients (e.g. women's group, sex therapy, marriage/relationship counseling, and aftercare...)
- To provide support and family groups for the families and loved ones of the resident
- To help with the transition back into society when the resident completes the program
- To be a place where at any time after the completion of the program, the resident may return for support, understanding, and love
The disease of addiction is complex and each individual's treatment needs are unique. Effective treatment relies on providing comprehensive options. This ensures a successful program tailored to meet each individual's needs and circumstances.
All of our treatment programs incorporate support and guidance for family and friends of the alcoholic or addict. This provides needed help to people struggling with a loved one caught in the grip of this devastating disease. Our programs also show them how to contribute to a lasting recovery.